- Monday 1–7 pm
- Wednesday 11 am–7 pm
- Saturday 10 am–3 pm
Join the Friends of the Library
Welcome to the Friends of the Arms Library!
The mission of the Friends of the Arms Library is to support cultural and educational activities and services of the Library for which there is no other funding. We raise money at our bi-annual book sales, collect modest membership fees, and accept tax-deductible donations from the public.
These are ways in which the Friends support the Library:
- sponsor the Adopt-A-Magazine subscription program
- provide refreshments and materials for many Library activities (such as author readings, the Third Friday Poetry Series, speakers, and open houses)
- support Library programs (such as the summer reading and crafts programs)
- purchase materials to add to Library collections (such as DVDs for adults and children, bookmarks, and other supplies as requested)
- contribute to the Museum Passes Program for Library patrons to visit select area museums for free
- respond to requests from the Library Director for special expenditures (such as recent requests for a sound speaker system, new Library clocks, colorful bookends for the Children’s Room, and a new air conditioner)
- contribute annually to Library operations and to the Library’s Capital Campaign
We invite you to join us! Friends’ membership dues are $5.00 for individuals and $10 for families. If interested in joining our Friends group, please stop by the Library to pick up a membership form.
Members of the Executive Committee of the Friends of the Arms Library are: Christin Couture, Sharon Glazer, Sally Judd, Joan Lawless, Lisa Merrill, and Peter Schriber.